Last Updated 17 Aug 2022
2. Information We Collect
Information you provide us directly
- Your username, password, mobile number and e-mail address when you register for a Marajo Account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile, including but not limited to your first and last name, picture, location and phone number.
- User content, including but not limited to photos, comments, and other materials that you post on the Platform.
- Communications between you and Marajo. For example, you may be sent servicerelated emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of service-related emails & notifications.
- Communication between you and Marajo Users. For example, messages sent between you and another User.
Information From Third Parties That You Permit Us To Access
- Your user profile, consisting of your first and last name, email address, profile picture, location and phone number, as made available by you on any third-party Social Networking Sites (SNS) that you integrate with the Platform.
- Marajo uses Third-party analytics tools to measure traffic and usage trends on the Platform. These tools collect information sent by your device, including but not limited to the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists in the improvement of user experience and application functionality. We use this information to provide the highest possible level of security and service in line with global industry standards to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analysis of User behaviour.
Cookies And Similar Technologies
- Cookies and similar technologies, such as pixels, web beacons, click impressions and local storage to collect information about how you use the Platform and provide features to you.
Log File Information
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or application. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or application is downloaded to your browser or device.
- The Platform’s servers automatically record certain log file information, including but not limited to your web requests, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. Similar information collected from emails sent to users help us to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the user experience and application functionality.
- When you use a mobile device, such as a tablet or phone to access the Platform, Marajo reserves the right to access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the Platform.
- We use device identifiers to send relevant account notifications to one or more devices associated with your account. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Platform and may help to provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Platform may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with user content. For example, metadata can describe how, when, and by whom a piece of user content was collected and how that content is formatted. We use metadata to optimize performance and end user experience of the platform across different types of operating systems, browsers devices etc.
3. How We Use Your Information
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in so you will not have to reenter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Platform;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others. You will have the option to unsubscribe from such communication.
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which may include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Platform and Service;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of users, usage and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose and/or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Platform on your device;
- Marajo may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Events”) on the Platform. If you do not want to participate in an Event, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e., hashtag or geotag) associated with that Event or
- Any other use that Marajo views as relevant to improving the Platform and Service.
Parties with whom we reserve the right to share your information
- Your User Data and User Content (including but not limited to information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) may be shared with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Marajo is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Platform and Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also reserve the right to share your information, as well as information gathered through the use of tools such as cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations (“Service Providers”) that help us provide the Platform and/or Service to you. Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Platform and Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of User behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the platform. However, you cannot be identified from this aggregate information.
Parties With Whom You May Choose To Share Your User Content
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting on the Platform, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you may be able to choose. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the application or in Marajo servers.
What Happens In The Event Of A Change Of Control?
- If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Marajo or our assets to another organization, your User Data information, such as name, email address, user content, and any other information previously collected, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- You will continue to own your User Content.
Responding To Legal Requests And Preventing Harm
- We reserve the right to access, preserve, and share your information in response to a legal request (such as a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law otherwise requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdiction outside of India where the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- Marajo also reserves the right to access, preserve, and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent, and/or address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you, and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or to otherwise prevent harm.
4. How We Store Your Information
Storage And Processing
- Marajo reserves the right to store and process any application or User Data in India or any other country in which Marajo, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Marajo uses reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Platform secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your Marajo Account. Our security policies and practices align with the ISO risk framework, and all data is hosted in data centers that are SOC2, ISO 27001 and HITRUST compliant.
5. Your Choices About Your Information
Your Account Information And Profile/Privacy Settings
- Profile setting may be made available on the Platform, which can be updated at any time by logging into your account on the Platform.
- Unsubscribe from email communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of service-related communications including but not limited to account verification, purchase and billing confirmation and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Platform or Service, technical and security notices.
Data And User Content Retention Policy:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Marajo, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers will retain all your data (including your profile information) and User Content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, maintain accurate financial and other records, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We delete all your data within 30 days after termination of your Account, except otherwise prohibited by applicable law.
Correction Or Removal Of Personal Information
- If you believe one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like it to be removed from our database, please contact us at [email protected].
- Zceppa only collects information on behalf of the customer and does not have any direct relationship with the individuals who may interact with a Zceppa Customer. If you are a customer of one of Zceppa’s Customer, please contact the customer directly to seek any amends to your Personal Information including correct or delete.
6. Children’s Privacy
- Marajo does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an account. Marajo and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18. In the event that it is discovered that Marajo has collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at [email protected]
7. Other Web Sites And Services
- We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Platform or Service, including the information or content contained within them.
8. How To Contact Us